Starting from July 15th, Google Play Movies and TV App will be unavailable on any Roku set-top box or any Samsung, LG, Vizio, or Roku smart TV.
Google announced that those who had purchased or rented the services will still be able to access them through the ‘Your movies and shows’ section of the YouTube app on their devices.
The change will also affect those who use the Movies and TV App to access movies anywhere but they will still be able to access the movies on YouTube.
However, customers will no longer be able to view their watchlist in the app, but can be seen in the web by Googling ‘my watchlist.’
Purchases made in the YouTube app won’t be shared by the customers as they used to share content bought from the Movie.
Those who purchased content through the Play store they can access them by;
- Using Google TV app or the YouTube app on Android phones/tablets.
- Using Google Play Movies and TV app, or the YouTube app on iPhones/iPads.
- Using the YouTube app on Roku devices.
- Using the YouTube app on Samsung, LG, Vizio, and Roku smart TVs.
- Using the Google TV app on Chromecast.
- Using the Google Play Movies and TV website or YouTube website on the web.
- Using Google Play Movies and TV app on Android TV.